Warning: include(includes/subnav.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/03/11321503/html/teacher-training.php on line 65
Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/subnav.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5_3/lib/php') in /home/content/03/11321503/html/teacher-training.php on line 65
New York Vocal Coaching 50-hour Voice Teacher Training and Certification
Justin Stoney Vocal Studios and New York Vocal Coaching are pleased to offer aspiring Voice Teachers an opportunity to deepen their vocal knowledge, refine their skills, and discover voice teaching as a craft and art-form. New York Vocal Coaching’s 50-Hour Teacher Training Course gives new voice teachers and experienced voice teachers the chance to mentor and train under Justin Stoney, one of New York’s leading voice technicians. Justin’s unique approach will NOT teach you to "teach like Justin" or to teach a "method", but will allow you to discover your own unique potential as a Voice Technician. Incorporating information, concepts, and ideas from a broad range of ideas, the 50-Hour Voice Teacher Training will allow teachers to learn to “teach to the individual” rather than teaching just one specific technique.
The 50-hour Voice Teacher Training course will include:
- Private Lectures on a vast array of vocal technique, vocal science, and practical concepts for teaching voice and working with singers. These lectures will also include extensive work in "Vocal Exercise Design" and how to create effective vocal exercises for each unique or challenging situation. Finally, the lectures will cover how to diagnose and address a wide range of vocal issues, habits, and obstacles to help singers achieve their fullest potential.
- Concepts from New York Vocal Coaching’s "Practical Guide to Voice Teaching": a text created by Justin Stoney for the Teacher Trainings that includes both technical information as well as practical strategies for working with singers of all backgrounds, abilities, and styles.
- Observation of Voice Lessons and application of vocal technique concepts to live singers in the vocal studio.
- Private voice lessons with Justin Stoney.
- The opportunity to practice teaching voice to vocal students under the guidance of experienced voice technicians.
- Emphasis on the craft and art-form of Voice Teaching. Course participants will be encouraged to develop their own style of teaching, incorporating a wide array of techniques and ideas instead of teaching only one method. Teacher trainees will learn strategies to teach to each individual singer, their specific needs, and their unique strengths.
- 50-hour New York Vocal Coaching Teacher Training Certification. This is a great resume builder for new teachers looking to begin their craft and career, teach at a college or university, or develop their own studio.
To qualify for the 50-Hour Voice Teacher Training and Certification, applicants must have studied voice privately for at least 5 years and have a deep passion for singing and teaching singing. Although it is not a requirement, it is strongly recommended that applicants have a university degree OR experience singing professionally or both. Also, it is recommend that applicants have at least some training in piano. If course participants have little or no piano skills, piano training will be a requirement of the course and will be included as an additional part of the course.
To request an application, for pricing information, or for further questions, please send an e-mail to Assistant@NewYorkVocalCoaching.com. Or, please call 646.374.8623. Please be aware that there may be a small waiting list for this program.